Friday 30 December 2011

Top 10 Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2012


Organised by A Life Bound By Books, Confessions of a Bookaholic, Fiktshun and Two Chicks on Books, Top 10 of 2011 is an event to connect bloggers from all over to share their Top 10 lists. Make sure to visit one of their sign up posts.

We're done with looking back, and ready to look at the goodness that 2012 will bring! I always love reading YOUR top 10 lists, so make sure to link yours in a comment below.

Title: For Darkness Shows the Stars
Author: Diana Peterfreund
Publisher: Balzer & Bray (June 12th 2012)

This is my 2012 must read. If I could only read one new release next year, I would choose this one. Diana Peterfreund has written two of my uttermost favourite books, and I expect this one to be just as brilliant. It's a post-apocalyptic retelling of Persuasion, how awesome is that?

Title: Rapture
Author: Lauren Kate
Publisher: Delacorte Books (June 12th 2012)

Look at that beautiful cover. It's stunning. I love it so much, it's way better than the meh that was Passion. I can't wait for this one to come out.

Title: Under The Never Sky
Author: Veronica Rossi
Publisher: HarperCollins (January 3rd 2012)

I'm quite interested by this one. The blurb sounds interesting, and the cover looks amazing. Luckily I won't have to wait all that long, It's already coming out in a few days!

Title: A Beautiful Evil
Author: Kelly Keaton
Publisher: Simon Pulse (February 21st 2012)

The second book in the Gods & Monsters series. Part one, Darkness Becomes Her was one of my favourite reads of 2011, and this one might become one of my 2012 favourites.

Title: The Springsweet
Author: Saundra Mitchell
Publisher: Harcourt Children's Books (April 17th 2012)

The Vespertine was one of my 2011 favourites. The Springsweet sounds very interesting, and I'm definitely looking forward to lay my hands on this one.

Title: Blackout
Author: Mira Grant
Publisher: Orbit (June 7th 2012)

I'm still reading Feed, but I have a feeling I will need part three within a few weeks! I love the combination of zombies and blogging. Although I'm not that charmed with this cover.

Title: Grave Mercy
Author: Robin LaFevers
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (April 3rd 2012)

She has a crossbow! Assassins and court intrigue, what more does a girl want? The heroine looks totally kick-ass. I can't wait to read this one.
Title: Honalee
Author: Amanda Hocking
Publisher: Createspace (?)

Honaleeee! This book has been scheduled for release for almost two years, and I hope 2012 will be the year we can finally read it! I love the cover. Purple is my favourite colour, hehe.

Title: A Witch in Winter
Author: Ruth Warburton
Publisher: Hodder Children's Books (March 2012)

It sounds really good. The blurb tells us the main character isn't submissive, and I'm looking forward to see how that plays out. I hate female leads that hide behind the hero *shivers*.
Title: Thumped
Author: Megan McCafferty
Publisher: Balzer & Bray (April 24th 2012)

It's pretty awful of me to be looking forward to Thumped. I read Bumped and absolutely hated it. But I have a secret love of writing rants, and I'm kind of expecting a very rant-worthy book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: